Biking enthusiasts, it’s time to gear up and hit the beautiful trails of Leelanau County, Michigan. Whether you are a seasoned cyclist or just starting, the Leelanau peninsula offers endless possibilities for scenic bike rides and experiences.
Here are a few tips on how to enjoy biking in Leelanau Michigan:
- Explore the Leelanau Trail: The Leelanau Trail is a paved, non-motorized path that extends over 17 miles from Suttons Bay to Traverse City. The trail is perfect for bikers of all levels, and the picturesque views of vineyards and orchards are unmatched.
- Visit the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore: The Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail is a beautiful and relatively flat 22-mile trail that follows the coastline of the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Take your time exploring the beach and dunes, and stop for a picnic or a dip in Lake Michigan.
- Rent a bike and explore on your own: If you don’t have a bike, there are several local rental companies that can provide bikes, helmets, and other necessary gear. The staff can recommend routes that fit your ability and preferences.
- Take a guided tour: Guided bike tours are a great way to learn more about the area, meet other cyclists, and stay safe on the roads. The guides can offer historical information, insider tips, and help you avoid the less-bike-friendly areas.
- Make pit stops for food and drink: The Leelanau Peninsula is home to several wineries, cideries, and breweries. Stop by one or two on your ride for a tasting or a cold brew. Several local restaurants and cafes also offer outdoor seating, perfect for a mid-ride break.
With its stunning natural beauty, fresh air, and diverse terrain, Leelanau Michigan is the ideal destination for cyclists of all abilities. So, what are you waiting for? Dust off your bike and come join us for a ride you’ll never forget!