Are you ready for an adventure? If you’re looking to get some exercise while enjoying breathtaking scenery, the Leelanau Peninsula has plenty of biking trails for you to explore. Here are the top 10 biking trails to enjoy on the Leelanau Peninsula.
1. Leelanau Trail – This 15.5-mile trail runs from Suttons Bay to Traverse City. You’ll ride through picturesque forests, wetlands, and farmland.
2. Bayview Trail – This 2-mile paved trail runs along West Bay and offers stunning views of the water and marinas.
3. Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail – This 27-mile trail takes you through Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. You’ll see stunning sand dunes, beaches, and forests.
4. Old Mission Peninsula Trail – This 18-mile trail runs along the Old Mission Peninsula and offers beautiful views of orchards, vineyards, and Grand Traverse Bay.
5. Glen Arbor Loop – This 20-mile loop takes you through forests, over hills, and along Lake Michigan.
6. Leland River Trail – This 3-mile trail takes you through Leland and along the Leland River. You’ll see historic buildings and charming shops along the way.
7. Heritage Trail – This 10-mile trail runs through vineyards and farmland and offers views of Lake Leelanau.
8. Fife Lake Loop – This 27-mile loop takes you through forests and along lakes and streams.
9. Traverse Area Recreation Trail – This 11-mile trail takes you through Traverse City and along the Boardman River. You’ll see parks, beaches, and shops along the way.
10. Boardman Lake Trail – This 3.5-mile trail circles Boardman Lake and offers stunning views of the lake and surrounding forests.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced cyclist, there’s a trail on the Leelanau Peninsula for you. So, grab your bike and explore the beauty of northern Michigan. Happy trails!